The Program Assistant provides high-level support for the Knowledge and Programs team including heavy calendar management and successful coordination of meetings. Serve as liaison between Program leaders and others within the organization. Exercise independent judgment in the resolution of administrative problems. Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously with little or no supervision.
- Heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with internal and external colleagues and assistants to schedule a variety of meetings
- Handle incoming and outgoing electronic and phone communications on behalf of leadership and route incoming phone calls or email messages to the appropriate party quickly and efficiently
- Coordinate travel arrangements and reservations as needed
- Independently create well-organized, grammatically correct memos, presentations, and reports for distribution to members of various departments
- Assist with special events planning
- Use various software applications such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate, and/or format data and/or reports
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Five years or more experience as an administrative assistant supporting leaders and teams
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills requiring the courtesy, tact, and diplomacy necessary to effectively communicate with staff, callers, visitors, and other stakeholders
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Superb organization and follow through skills.
- Demonstrated success as a proficient multitasker with impeccable attention to detail.
- Takes initiative, able to work well independently; demonstrates good judgment.
- Passionate about the Earth Fund’s mission.
- Proficient in IT programs and tools such as Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as SharePoint, Teams, Zoom and other collaboration platforms.
- Ability to collaborate with staff across levels and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- May require extended hours for urgent issues or to meet established deadlines.
- This position is based in Washington, DC
This position offers a competitive salary and includes a benefits package. The Bezos Earth Fund is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all federal, state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination. The Earth Fund recognizes diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing its work. We actively welcome all qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, gender identity or expression, genetic information, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin, ethnicity, disability, military/veteran status, compensation history or any other basis prohibited by law. Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter as soon as possible.